Govt. has decided to set up Rural Haats to provide marketing assistance to the handicrafts and village industries artisans and MSEs at Alipurduar in Jalpaiguri, Bishnupur in Bankura, Purulia and Jhargram in PaschimMedinipur. For implementation of the aforesaid Rural Haats Rs.3.00 crore for each project has been approved under Backward Region Grant Fund.
This scheme is being implemented under leadership of the District Magistrates of respective districts.
- It is an integrated rural marketing facility for Artisan and Small Scale Entrepreneurs to display and sell their product particularly for those who have no individual and separate marketing facilities.
- The project was approved by the Department of Development and Planning, Govt. of West Bengal vide their no 432-SES(7)DP/02C-1/2012 Dated.07.02.2012 with a project cost of Rs.3.00 crore each .It was also duly approved by Finance Department, Govt. of India vide no. No.44 (14) PF-I/2011-1532 Dated.05.03.2012.
- Foundation stones for all the Rural Haat have already been laid by the Hon’ble Chief Minister, West Bengal.
- Construction work was stopped for some time for modification of the design by Jadavpuruniversityto incorporate certain facilities in those Haats.
- The first floor will be completed with all facilities by 1st week of Jnauary’15 in Bankura and Purulia.
- Selection process of beneficiaries started in Bankura and Purulia.
- Construction of Jhargram Rural Haat is about to start soon.